What is NAWQA?
What are they doing in southern Louisiana?
Updated as of April 20, 2002.
Lots of pictures, maps, and background info on our hydrology, ecology and environment, land and resources uses, and selected sites.
Studies and Surveys
Descriptions of our projects and studies.
Publications and Data
- Hydrologic and Chemical Data
- Maps and Geographic (GIS) Data
- Ecological Data
Personnel and Links
Have a question? Talk to us, or find other online locations of Louisiana information.
And accessibility features.
For more information on USGS activities in Louisiana and the Nation, please
visit the following websites:
Water Resources Division
U.S. Department of the Interior
Site Map for the Acadian-Pontchartrain NAWQA Webpages
Note: These webpages have been designed with
alternative browser accessibility issues in mind. An alternative version
of this site map describes the features common to all pages of this website.
Pages about the Acadian-Pontchartrain NAWQA
- Introduction to the Acadian-Pontchartrain NAWQA
- Study Area
- Ecology and Environment
- Land and Resource Use
- Basin and Site Information
- Studies and Surveys
- Contaminants in Bed Sediments and Fish Tissues
- Fixed Surface-water Sites - Monthly water sampling
- Fixed Surface-water Sites - Ecological Characterization
- Chicot Aquifer Ground-water Survey
- Chicot Equivalent (Southern Hills) Aquifer Ground-water Survey
- Nutrients in Drainages of the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain
- Herbicides and Nutrients in Streams of the Barataria-Terrebonne Basins
- Mermentau Basin Water-quality and Ecology Study
- Ground-water Quality in an Area of Rice Agriculture
- Ground-water Quality of an Urban Area (Lafayette, LA)
- Data and Publications
- Reports, GIS data, and data for water chemistry, discharge/water levels, and ecology
- Personnel and Links
- How to contact NAWQA personnel, and links to other
sites about Louisiana environment and resource use
- Site Map
Links to External Sites:
- NAWQA Home Page
- Louisiana District
- Water Resources Division
- USGS Home Page
- Department of the Interior